Sanlam has expanded its offering in the Mauritian market to become the country’s go-to financial services group.
The Sanlam Group – which has the largest non-banking financial services footprint in Africa – is continuing to build its presence in Mauritius as well as further afield on the continent.
At a recent meeting of Sanlam affiliates at the Sanlam Private Wealth offices in Labourdonnais Village, participants confirmed their view of Mauritius as a favourable financial services jurisdiction from which to further expand the company’s offering to clients in Africa.
‘Sanlam has had an indirect presence in Mauritius since 2000. It has since then expanded its offering to include a wide array of integrated financial solutions for all sectors of the market, covering insurance, investment and related services,’ says Mark Muller, Director of SPW Mauritius.
‘In recent times, through a combination of acquisition and greenfields operations, it has also built a direct presence. The various solutions for our Mauritian clients are offered by a number of business entities within the Sanlam Group.’ These include:
- Sanlam Private Wealth Mauritius was launched in Mauritius in August 2017. It offers wealth management, portfolio management, employee benefits, online trading, credit services and an art advisory service.
- Sanlam Trustees International (formerly Summit Trust Mauritius) is a trust and management company offering trust, tax and fiduciary services as well as corporate services. Over the past six years it’s positioned itself as one of the leading trust and management companies in Mauritius.
- SAHAM Finances SA acquired Mauritian insurance company Sun Insurance in August 2016. The Sanlam Group owns 46,6% of SAHAM Finances SA, which offers a diverse range of general insurance products and services in Mauritius.
- Sanlam Africa Core Real Estate Investments is registered in Mauritius and listed on the Mauritian Stock Exchange. It has core real estate assets in Ghana, Tanzania and Nigeria.
- Santam recently acquired RMB Structured Insurance, which has been operating in Mauritius since 2000. It offers a diverse range of general insurance products and services internationally.
‘As a Group, Sanlam is looking forward to continue offering Mauritians world-class solutions. Mauritius was an easy choice for us – it’s a stable democracy with a respected legal and regulatory framework, and a focus on developing the financial services sector,’ Mark says.
‘We’re delighted to be expanding our offering in the Mauritian market and across the continent, and for the opportunity to become the go-to financial services group in this country, offering our clients a journey for life for all their financial needs.’