Sanlam Private Wealth is a valued member of the Sanlam Group (“the Group”). The Group offers diversified financial services and has been creating value for stakeholders since 1918 – for more than 100 years.
The Group employs approximately 103,000 people globally in 54 countries including 33 in Africa, India, Malaysia, Philippines, the United Kingdom, Ireland, the United States of America, Switzerland and Australia and is held together by a shared business philosophy that encapsulates an entrepreneurial culture, traditional values, innovation, strong ties with business partners, client-centricity, solution-orientated and business responsibility. Sanlam’s business philosophy is driven by the Group acting and behaving as “One Firm”.
The Group is committed to building a culture of client-centricity, where our Wealthsmiths™ support people in living their best possible lives through financial resilience and prosperity. Our strategy has remained largely unchanged since 2003 and our strategic intent of sustainable value creation for all key stakeholders remains firmly in place.
The Group provides comprehensive and tailored financial solutions to individual and institutional clients. The Group’s areas of expertise include life insurance, financial planning, retirement, trust, wills, general insurance, risk management, capital market activities, investment and wealth management.
Sanlam Limited, the Group’s ultimate holding company, is listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange and the Namibian Stock Exchange, with USD 13 billion market cap and USD 104 billion assets under management.
AGAIN & AGAIN – INSPIRATION AND EXCELLENCE IN PERPETUITY
Inspired by Sanlam’s vast collection of art, we wanted to explore a theme close to our hearts – the continuous creation of dynamic, lasting value and wealth for our clients.
The same powerful instincts that drive artists to create something meaningful and of value that lasts for generations to come, is what drives us to do the same for our clients, by crafting custom solutions that grow and preserve wealth.
In order to demonstrate and bring to life our promise to our clients: “Your wealth. Our craft”, we embarked on a journey titled “Again & Again – Inspiration and Excellence in Perpetuity”.
We selected an art piece from the Sanlam Art Collection to take on a journey into the future, by asking a new generation of creatives to reimagine the artwork.
Ndikhumbule Ngqinambi’s artwork, “A Walk of Numbers”, the first piece selected to be reimagined by five young and upcoming artists, is the perfect embodiment of this ideal. It expresses something potently universal: the human journey.
Our very own Mauritian street artist and illustrator, Evan Sohun, was one of the talented artists selected to take on this important task.
To learn more about this journey, visit www.againandagain.co.za
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- PAM awards – Investment performance: High Growth Portfolios’ awards; and
- Salam Global High Quality Fund – FE Alpha Manager awards.
- Sanlam Strategic Bond Fund – Fund Manager of the Year Awards.
- Sanlam Strategic Bond Fund – Fund Manager of the Year Awards;
- Sanlam Multi-Strategy Fund – Fund Manager of the Year Awards;
- Global High Quality Fund – Best Fund at the City of London Wealth Management Awards;
- Sanlam Strategic Bond Fund: Bond GBP Three Years Performance – Thomson Lipper Awards;
- Sanlam Global High Quality Fund: Long Only Equity Fund – Long Term Performance – Investors Choice;
- High Net Worth Proposition: High Growth Portfolio Performance Award – Private Asset Managers;
- Sanlam Strategic Bond Fund: Best Fund, Strategic Bond Fund – Financial Express;
- Wealth Briefing European Awards – Fund Manager Winner; and
- Wealth Briefing European Awards – Pensions Advisor of the Year.
- Sanlam Private Wealth’s Global High Quality Fund – City of London Wealth Management Awards (winner in the Best Fund category);
- Sanlam Strategic Bond Fund – 5 star fund from Morningstar;
- Sanlam received several Best Fund Awards at the 21st annual Raging Bull Awards Ceremony. The awarded Funds are:-
- The Enhanced Yield Fund: Best South African Interest-bearing Short-term Fund;
- The Small Cap Fund: Best South African Equity Mid- and Small-cap Fund; and
- The SIIP India Opportunities Fund: Best Offshore Far East Equity General Fund.
- Sanlam was included in the newly launched FTSE4Good Emerging Index and retained its position in the FTSE/JSE Top 40; and
- Sanlam Private Wealth was named South Africa’s top Wealth Manager for the third consecutive year pursuant to the Intellidex – Moneyweb Top Private Banks and Wealth Managers survey.
Sanlam FOUR Stable Global Equity Fund received the runner-up award in the Global Equity category at the 2016 CAMRADATA Asset View Awards.
Sanlam was built on a commitment to always do things right. This promise underpins our core values as well as our professional and ethical behavior. As a Group we have remained deeply committed to always doing what’s right for our stakeholders. This is the Sanlam Way of doing things, which I believe is what sets us apart.